It’s worth noting that an HDMI to Scart Converter and a Scart to HDMI Converter are very different things and although they sound the same they are not interchangeable and so it’s good to know which one you actually need. If you’re looking for a cable like the one of the right then sorry to disappoint but they don’t exist!
Scart cables used to the best way of connecting all your entertainment peripherals to your TV but as times change we have seen the introduction of HDMI which has ushered in the ‘High-Definition’ age and this has meant that most new electronics do not feature a Scart connection and now only feature an HDMI connection.
This is great because we now have our own personal cinemas in our homes, but it isn’t great if you’ve got a mixture of equipment with only Scart or only HDMI connections and don’t want to have to shell out on buying completely new equipment. If you buy a connector or adapter then you should still be able to use all your current entertainments system peripherals whether it’s a Sky Box or an old TV.
HDMI to Scart Converter
The most likely scenario of you wanting an HDMI to Scart converter is that you have bought a new Blu-Ray Player, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, etc. all of which only come with HDMI connections but you still have an older television with only scart inputs. What are the alternatives apart from spending hundreds on a new TV?
This is where an extra piece of technology comes in handy as an HDMI to SCART HD Converter will convert the HDMI signal to a Scart signal with stereo sound. This means you can watch HDMI video on TVs that only have Scart interface sockets. This product has only just come to market (1st March 2012) but is sure to help a lot of people out by extending the life of their current TV.
As you can see from the diagram above the HDMI to Scart Converter can be used for any devices with HDMI output, such as APPLE TV2, game consoles (PS3 and Xbox), Blue-ray DVD players, PC, HTPC, etc. and you can simply plug them into the adapter using your HDMI cable and then connect the Scart output into your TV.
This product is available for just less than £20 which is a small price to give your television an HDMI connection and extend its life.
- HDMI TO SCART: [NOTE:Only Work as HDMI in ,SCART Out; This is Not a SCART to HDMI Converter, if you Need SCART to HDMI converter, please search ASIN: B082X4CSYM] ; HDMI to SCART Video Converter for HDMI(1080p 60HZ) input to SCART output, Help users convert HDMI signal to normal SCART signal, Share your smart phone photos, music and movies on the TV.
- SCART OUTPUT INTERFACE: Connect to HDTV or Monitor, SCART Output Format: Support PAL and NTSC two satandard TV formats, Switch the CVBS output format.
- HDCP 1.3 VERSION: Compliant with HDMI 1.3 Standard and Can Convert the High Quality of the HDMI Signal to Normal CVBS Signal (Standard-definition 480i, 576i,) So It can Play on CRT TV, VHS VCR, DVD Recorders, Etc.
- PLUG AND PLAY: Lightweight Compact size HDMI to SCART converter is convenient to store and carry. No extra driver needed, easy to install and operate. Just connect the adaptor and watch HD video. USB power cable included.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: HDMI to Scart Converter is Plug and play, no Software is Needed.Peferct for SKY HD Blu Ray DVD HDTV STB VHS Xbox PS3 PS4 PC MHL Phone Apple/Android TV BOX etc.
Scart to HDMI Converter
If you’ve got a flatscreen High-Definition (HD) television at home then you will want to get the most out of your viewing experience, but the peripherals you connect to your TV are usually older than HD, such as DVD players, Sky box, freeview, Nintendo Wii etc most of which only have a standard scart output and so you sometimes won’t be able to connect them to your new TV if it only has HDMI inputs. Even if you can then the quality won’t be great as Scart is considered an old connection type as they only transmit a weak compressed analog signal where as HDMI transmits an uncompressed digital signal which means better quality, higher contrast, and a sharper image.
A Scart to HDMI converter will allow you to do two things:
- Connect Scart to an HDMI connection
- Improve video quality to HD (upscaling)
This innovative device allows you to transfer scart analog audio and video to digital HDMI, providing the highest levels of video and audio quality through a single cable, while eliminating the hassle and expense of compatibility. The diagram below shows how simple it is to connect your device to your television.
1. Video Out – DVD Player, Set Top box etc.
2. Scart Cable.
3. Scart to HDMI Converter
4. HDMI Cable
So you can now connect scart to HDMI but the Scart to HDMI Converter with 1080p Upscaler also has an advanced upscaling function that will take your standard definition scart signal and automatically convert it to HD 1080p via its upscaler feature. This Scart to HDMI Converter is available on at Amazon for around £20 with free shipping and is featured in our Top 5 Bestsellers list.
- SCART To HDMI Converter, Converts Composite Video Signal and the FL / FR Stereo Audio Signal to Digital HDMI Video and 3.5mm Headphone Stereo Audio Signal, Image Interference Resistance and Transmitting Stability Improved (Pls Note: This is a SCART to HDMI Converter, It can NOT be Used in Reverse)
- Full HD 1080P, CVBS Supported, Auto-Detect and Auto-Convert the Composite Signal to 1080P(60Hz) Output, Most Realistic and Flawless HD Visuals Available
- Metal Casing, Great Heat Resistance and Excellent Durability, Quality Ensured
- Plug and Play, No Extra Drivers Required, Easy Installation, Powered by 5V/1A UK Power Adapter
- Compatible with HDMI 1.3, Support 720P/1080P Output, High Quality Scaling Technology for Input Resolutions, Scart Input: PAL, NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, PAL/M,PAL/N, Standard TV Formats Input
Hopefully you will now know what you need and it’s worth noting that if you do decide to buy a converter that most models don’t provide HDMI cables but these can also be bought from Amazon for less than a fiver!
- 24K gold plated contacts offer better corrosion resistance and enhanced signal transfer.
- Multi-stranded, high-purity copper conductors improve signal integrity and minimize resistance.
- 100% coverage of high density polyethylene and polyvinyl chloride jacket isolates outside signal.
- Metal braid and 2 layer Aluminum-Mylar shields protect against external signal interference, ensures stable transmission and reduces signal loss.
- HDMI A Male to A Male Cable: Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K video and Audio Return Channel (ARC).